torsdag 24. januar 2013

PyCon 2012!

First post as a travel blog! Ok, warning... this is picture heavy... There's just so much nice stuff from this trip! I can't help myself.

I never got around to write a little post about the trip to PyCon 2012, so I thought now would be a good time to do so, as PyCon 2013 is closing in (we might not be able to go this year, but I'm crossing all I have...).

So, I don't really remember much from the trip anymore. Except for it being utterly awesome and too much work:3

(I think we're over Greenland here)

We started of with flying into Newark, ate a really awesome steak, and continued from there to San Francisco INT. Where I bought some really tasty mini cupcakes... because I have a serious sweet tooth...

(omnomnom, the red velvet was really good... so was the raspberry cheesecake one. I was so sure the green one was supposed to be pistachio, I dunno why I would think that, but it turned out to be mint...)



In Carl's (our awesome PyCon friend) mum's (where we spent two nights. Thank you Carl's mum! It was really nice^^) garden, some gigantic lemons were growing! She also had some really tasty clementines... So nice! And this was in march! The heat was surprising, coming from cold Norway, we were walking around in shorts and t-shits all day.

(just like in the movies, we took the tram/rail cart thing up the steep hills! It was kinda fun and a nice way to see the city. Of course, filled with tourists like ourselves...)

(SF skyline)

One of the days we went to the LICK observatory! And that was good fun. We got a private tour, with someone our cool friend Carl knows. We got to see the really old telescope and the newer one, and got to hear loads about the observatory.

(the observatory seen from the really long way up... It was a super nice drive in the seriously awesome weather. Just thinking about it makes me want to go back...)

(the old telescope! SO COOL, the dome was made out of wood and had a hydraulic platform of wood that rose up. We got to go all the way up!)

 (a beautiful clear night sky! Bet it was perfect conditions to do some star gazing. I think they talked about them doing some lunar watching... not completely sure though...)

(overlooking Silicon Valley from the LICK observatory grounds) 


(One of the days we went to a botanical garden, because I really like pretty parks. And I was so surprised to see a cherry tree in full blossom in the parking lot... I've never seen one in real life before, not the pink kinds anyway...)

After that I didn't take too much pictures... there was a lot of work to do and I was busy socializing when we weren't working. But it was really nice, we had a great time, just wish we could have spent more time there.

(we did, however, see this really silly car in a parking lot when we were going to dinner one of the days... with it's horns and some really big pliers/cutter thingie on the hood:P)

We met up with the usual PyCon crowd, now good friends of ours, ate a lot of donuts and spent a lot of time filming, QAing and sorting out conference video.

If we're going there this year as well, I hope to go and have SUSHIRRITOS with Emmie and Sheila^^ and the rest of you guys!

Well, that was all for this time. Next up will be 2012 summer holidays, which consists of Amsterdam, Southwold, Norwich and Den Haag:)

- Vinter

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar